Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:46:43 +0000
        Hi.
        Just a suggestion: since Linux is a cold operating system,
and W95 not, may be, as suggested below, you have a temperature
problem. Also, check if you have a fake processor, or if it is
overclocked; see if lowering the clock speed helps.
        When Linux executes 'halt', the processor temperature wil
decrease a lot, and so may be that the problem doesn't show.

> One would suspect a cause and effect from the way you wrote this...
 everything
> worked fine, then the cup fan was acting up and was replaced and then the
 system
> when whaky.... except  on the Linux side everything is fine...
>
> first suggestion is to go back and check your connections... make sure they
 are
> all snug, next.. possibly first... check the seating of the heat sink/fan
> again... did you clean the top of the cpu and apply a heat sink compound (very
> thin... enough to see through)? AND is the heatsink/fan as big if not bigger
> than the original?...
>
> are ALL of the connections good and snug?  sometimes, when working inside the
> box, an unrelated connection can be dislodged....
>

> if all this checks out... do  a thorough scan of the hard disk...
>
> then, if all still looks fine, I would delete windows and do a complete
> reinstall... not an overlay, but a grounds up installation.
>
> if you get to this point and are still having problems...  I don't really
> know....
> >Hello all,
> >  I've found myself with a rather strange problem >  My system has been OK
 with
> the configuration until yesterday.  The fan
> >on the cpu had become quite noisy for ~5 minutes after bootup.  So, I'd
> >thought I'd replace it.  Since then 95 became EXTREMELY unstable.

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)