RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:39:29 -0800
i read that post on an other list and wanted to share it with you.

jean-claude
Allan Balliett was here a few weeks ago and asked a question about
juice
quality.  Although he didn't pass on the  study reproduced below to
this
group, I suspect he would be glad to get any comments from Forum
members.

Obviously, this is a subject that deserves more and more research.
IMHO, studies of this nature, showing not just 10 fold---but
multi-hundred-fold---variation in produce mineral content blow massive
holes in *any* nutritional table put out by government and industry.
If
anyone doesn't believe that the typical government-sanctioned tables
are
total BS, they should seek out a food lab and talk to a scientist.
He/she, if even remotely honest, will candidly admit that mineral
content values are mis-leading averages of all they have tested.  The
math is simple: if 99 commercial-crap carrots have 1 mg of 'goodness'
and *1* truly great carrot has 100mg of 'goodness', the published
table
is adjusted to read that "carrots have 1.99mg of goodness."

<Can any of our [or Forum] Australian readers comment on this study?
-Allan [speaking to BDNow]

From: Chris Alenson <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Food nutrition and soil regeneration

I have  followed this interesting subject for some time and I am
grateful to Steve Diver and the many respondents for further