RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:53:02 -1000
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> I meant that there is no logical argument against someone who chooses
> not to eat meat because of moral reasons, since there is no universal
> morality (everyone has his own standards). I personally think it is all
> right to kill animals for food, less so to sacrify large animals
> (e.g. primates) in medical experiments; but I don't expect everyone to
> share the same opinion.

interesting that when the creatures are big and humanlike, there is some
hesitation about killing. seems everyone draws the line somewhere. haven't
heard of much canabalism lately.
i got this crazy idea that if i kill less that i might be healthyer, happier,
and maybe even more spiritual. haven't gotten too far yet, but it looks, feels
like a worthwhile experiment sofar.

> I usually don't kill my own food, except clams and crabs. I also kill
> mosquitoes (not for food), and once used a broomstick to kill a bat
> that was flying in the room where I was (but I didn't eat it).

thanks for your honesty, it's refreshing. i still kill mosquitoes too, when
they get inside my house and an occasional centipeed. outside i leave them
alone. i still kill lots of plants also.

> I am a member of the same species as Lynton: a male android :-)
> ("Jean" in French corresponds to "John" in English).

haven't heard of anyone or ones eating raw androids in this group, so you
might be safe for awhile anyway.:-) thanks for sharing jean........aloha forest