RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:35:11 -0400
Jean Luis:
>That the Hunzas are long-lived is a legend. And disease does exist
>there, despite generally healthy lifestyle and pure air. On the other
>hand, in cultures where dairy is not used (hunter-gatherers,
>Chinese...), life expectancy is not particularly high.

Me:
I have references as to the Hunzas (and Vilcabambans, Georgians) longevity.
It is not the stuff of legends.

"The Wheel of Health", G.T. Wrench, M.D. - this book is online, believe it
or not. Link:
http://soilandhealth.org/02healthlibrary/0203longevitycat/020301wrench/02030100frame.html

Also check out the documentaries in the January 1973 issue of National
Geographic magazine; article by Alexander Leaf, M.D. who lived with these
people for about 3 years, and documents their incredible health and
longevity.

Both of the above authors note the Hunzas' dairy consumption.

I will grant that the health/longevity of these people TODAY may not be the
same; probably thanks to "civilization"... ;)

Wes