RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dr. Jerry Knox BA, DC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 03:12:40 EDT
<< Strange I had been a vegan for 9 months and started to feel terrible. I
quit  the vegan route and felt fine. There is always someting missing from the
 vegan information. They all keep saying you don't have to do anything
 special. I know better. They just don't understand what they are doing
 different than what I was doing.

It is amazingly simple, and complex. And you are right, information is
sometimes conflicting and just not there. Diet is a complex subject, and all
special diets have varying degrees of difficulty in following them. In my
experience I have felt wonderful after 5 years as a strict vegan. I quit all
milk products more than 20 years ago. Red meat about 17 years ago, so it was a
gradual transition up to a point, and I remember going through hamburger
withdrawal. I lived very healthfully, but just had to have a wendys triple
about once a month for a year or so. So don't give up. If you fall back into
less healthful ways of eating, just try to keep some of what you learned
working and try again the next day.

Jerry