RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:49:54 -0500
David:
><< I drank my urine for the next two and a half months. .....You only drink
>fresh urine but older urine can be used in baths ...... I don't drink my
>urine much any more (it does leave an odor on your breath) >>

Liza:
>David, are you the straight man for a comedy team? ;-))
>Honestly, it is taking every bit of willpower I can summon to not take your
>entire post, line-by-line, and crack one hysterical joke after another.

Liza,
I know that you express your honest opinion in love and open-mindedness, but
allow me to present another idea.  In the same light that urine therapy may
sound utterly disguisting (and even funny) to many of us; likewise, I'm sure
plenty of people would laugh you and I out of the room upon learning that we
consume raw flesh.  (In fact this happens to me more often than not when
people find out how I eat).  So, while we are left puzzled as to the reasons
why others drink urine, it may help us if we step out of our shoes and think
of how puzzling we ourselves may be to others.

Also, even though I personally still find urine therapy a little hard to
swallow personally (no pun intended), I sincerely believe that urine must
have some serious health benefits for so many cultures to apply it in their
own natural health practices.  In fact, I lack any significant knowledge
about why urine is beneficial.  However, now that this subject has "pee"-ked
my interest, I am going to look into it a bit further to find out exactly
how urine may help heal.  I'll be glad to share what I find.

Best regards,

-Ben

btw, while we're on the topic of perception, I'm facing a bit of a dillemma.
I'm about to head back to school, and back into the scrutiny of peers my
age.  In particular, I'll be living in the dorms with tons of other young
people my age.

The bottom line is this:  any suggestions for us younger folks who have a
great deal of problem fitting in with other people who are wary of our raw
food?  Although I'm not too concerned about "fitting in," per se, I'm concer
ned with developing the "screw you if you can't understand me" attitude
towards people and therefore alienating myself.  I would be very grateful
for any suggestions on this topic.  Thanks.