RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:38:24 EDT
Liza,

<< Their motives are greed, profit, and self-promotion, so they are not
interested in actually helping people in any real way at all. They're just
another version of dishonest salesmen (we have lots in the United States). >>

I liked your post, but I found the above to be very close-minded, arrogant,
and judgmental.  Or maybe those are the wrong words, maybe it's the
generalization and lack of respect for individuality.

If you believed cooked food was poison, naturally you would want to save
people from it.  In this way, any efforts to educate the world could be well-
intentioned.  That those people's experience of the world, or perspective,
ignores aspects of reality does not dismiss the intent.

We are all learning...

A friend of mine told me, begged me, not to eat raw fish or meat because she
was afraid of me getting sick and dying.  Even though she was obviously
projecting her own fears of these foods, and eats McDonalds, I appreciated her
thoughts and concern, and took it into consideration.

In this way I appreciate the genuine efforts of people to campaign against
cooked food, even though it may be inappropriate to do away with those foods.
In this way I appreciate people who are concerned that I have no cooked food
in my diet.  In this way I appreciate whatever you may share on this list.

<<and don't have a clue (or an interest) in what makes people tick.>>

I think YOU might benefit from taking a compassionate view, as well as a
sobering view, when examing these people to find out what makes THEM tick...

But I could be wrong ;)

aaron