RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 06:36:38 -0800
Hi Gregg,

I read that book about a year ago.

Gregg M Burton wrote:
> So, before I end here, I's love if anyone had any Data of how Man
> changed from Blood Type O to A then B and AB and does that mean us B's -
> I'm a B - are somewhere further Down the Line in Our Evolution or is it
> just a Localized Adaptation which some call a Mutation?  According to
> Peter D'Adamo, the author of the book "Eat Right 4 Your Type" which
> details the link between ABO Blood Type and Individualized Diets, B's
> can eat just about everything an don't need much exercise and are the
> one that adapted to be able to handle Dairy.  I would like to know what
> you All think about his premise and what your Personal Experience is if
> any.

Well, I have some thoughts to share, not all connected and well-thought
out but here it is...I think it is very possible that different lectins
in foods cause different reactions in people who have different blood
types.  I have no scientific data to share, but have recommended these
blood type diets to some of my patients over the past 12 months.  The
biggest thing I see is an improvement in many areas without consumption
of grains.  The second biggest thing I see is health improvement if
people go without dairy, but not all dairy, the dairy that is
cooked/pasteurized and homogenized dairy.  Many people are OK on raw
dairy and dairy that is unsalted, whereas they aren't on conventional
dairy.

My suspicion is not so much the blood type that makes a difference, but
that most people just will feel more well without
pasteurized+homogenized dairy or cooked grain products.  The only grain
products I've consistently seen people do well on are cooked brown rice
(steam/boil) and millet in soup, and sprouted grain foods.  Flour and
common grain products that are processed somehow disagree with many
people.

This makes sense - we probably have some genetic programming for this.
Look around:  We are the only animals on the planet that consumes cooked
dairy.  We are the only animals on the planet that mills grains and
consumes them; and the only ones that consumes them in large quantities
(proportional to rest of diet).  Personally, I sometimes eat cooked
soups with dry beans plus brown rice, and some essene-bread.  Other than
that I don't much like other cooked and processed foods because I don't
feel as well on them.

Also the thing about the blood type diet is that it recommends a wide
variety of foods.  These three things, variety, no dairy, and no grain
by themselves, without consideration to blood type, I think, are
helpful.

regards
roberta