RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:08:01 -1000
Ellie:
>A while ago someone, was it you Stefan, mentioned that coconuts from
>Thailand are sometimes injected with sugar. I'm buying young coconuts at
>Chinatown in NYC that are wrapped in a kind of thick white mesh and look
>like little huts, circular with pointed roof. The milk is very delicious,
>sort of sweet. They are from Thailand and labeled S.S.K. Any idea if
>these are injected with sugar.

I am skeptical of his claim. Having tasted a variety (probably thousands
between us) of cocos from a variety of markets and trees in our four years
in Thailand, I never encountered one that tasted adultered. The practice
may exist, though I have never heard of it. Such stories make ORKOS foods
worth the money, no...???

Drink up, Ellie. Even if it was adultered it is probably a finer food than
most of the fruits and nuts we can obtain in the USA otherwise...

Cheers,
Kirt