RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:17:16 +0000
The Veg. Resource Ctr reply is interesting, though the macrobiotic
stance begs some questions. First, background. East and South Asians
eat rice-- most Chinese eat it white, and refer to whole rice as
'chicken rice.' Folk from India I've met prefer whole rice.
   Complicating the issue is the 'better' milling done for the past
century, which further reduced nutrient value in grains.
   However, to assert a superiority of agricultural peoples is as
ethnocentric as asserting the superiority of the current, moribund
economic system-- or to assert that raw meat is Good because some
time before 800,000 yrs ago, Homo erectus or H. habilis ate food raw,
and some of that food was animal.
   Surely complex arguments can avoid the steep descent into
simplistic swamps like pretended instincts or adherence to diets of
yore, whether other primates' or Inuits'. .
   On a more positive note, vision changes may result from loss of
fatty deposits round the eyeball, or their replacement.  Again I ask
older contributors, have you noted any hair color changes or absence
of change?  Or was Ann Wigmore among the few who recolored hair?
   As to the 'natural' eye color being blue, is the 'natural' hair color
for those folk blonde, and all others are sanpaku or mud people?
I expect such notions in Murka the racist land, but here?