RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 06:16:58 -0600
>Jean-Louis:
>>I think that people dreaming of universal ethics have an unrealistic
>>view of the world, and have too much self-esteem: generally, the
>>values that are praised (liberty, equality,...) are the western ones
>>(as if we were closer to perfection than "barbaric" civilizations).

Stefan:
>And I think that people posting their oppinions to the internet without
>having deeply thought about the contents, are overstressing the patience
>of the others. For me personally you have exhausted my patience now
>with your continued posting of material about themes you haven't
>enough experience in. You look shortly at a subject, then your judge-
>ment comes. Somehow you remind me to the last postings of Bob Avery, who
>dealt with the things a similar way. His judgement came even quicker
>than yours and he obviously spent just minutes to write his postings
>while you are often carefully explaining and arguing. Still I miss a
>certain level of depth and perhaps research in your contributions.

Stefan, I'm afraid, IMO, it is -your- style that is somewhat reminisant of
Mr. Avery. You always seem to have the "True" answer or point of view--and
often based on swallowing whole Burger's narrative (and throw in a cackle
of fruitarian psycho-babble for good measure). Perhaps it is JL's
mathematical training which allows him to get straight to the point of his
analysis--which he almost always does without rancor, and for my money,
shedding interesting points of view on a variety of subjects.

You are very quick to judge others and situations, and there is a saying in
english about the pot calling the kettle black--meaning that one accuses
another of what they themselves are quilty of. JL need not refrain from
posting. Indeed, it is you who have stressed my patience (though I wouldn't
presume to speak for others) and I usually skip or skim your contributions
very rapidly.

Having just looked over your last half dozen posts I am even more amazed at
your tone with JL. From "counseling" Mr. Morrill, to your snippy bit to Tom
about crossposting, to pontificating on the Truth of your version of
Morality, you seem to be the one "posting their oppinions to the internet
without having deeply thought about the contents, are overstressing the
patience of the others". Then again, perhaps what we are privy to here
_are_ examples of your deepest thinking.

Where do you get the audacity?

Cheers,
Kirt