RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:28:37 +0200 (MET DST)
Tom:

>Positive Effects:                      Reality Check:
>
>may increase energy, reduce amount of  fatigue can be problem in detox; can
>sleep you need                         also be caused by B-12 deficiency
>                                       and/or too much sugar (fruit) in the
>                                       diet

...and a common problem is to mistaken real sign of deficiencies for
detox symptoms.

Concerning the question of sleep, I didn't find I need less sleep (or
if I do, it is barely noticeable). I still usually need 7-8 hours.
Overeating also increases the need for sleep (it's a bad idea to have
a huge meal at lunch and then attend a boring seminar). However,
the positive aspect of eating raw is that I suffer less from
sleep deprivation when I haven't had my quota.

About the amount of energy, I found that the highest level of energy
is generally attained 6-12 hours after an average meal. Eating too
much causes sensations of heaviness. I successfully suppressed
breakfast 2-3 months ago, and don't have hungriness or unpleasant
sensations in the stomach (actually, having a sensation of full
stomach when I wake up in the morning is rather unpleasant). As noon
approaches, the body is more relaxed, and thus provides sensations
of well-being, but becomes more "lazy" (I don't make unnecessary movements,
don't run in the stairs, etc...).

Other improvements: heart pulse rate (47-50 in the morning compared to
60 before), nervosity (that's a real achievement in my case), acne
(I have no more pimples), perspiration odors (I need to change
clothes much less often).

What improved a little bit but not much: endurance, oily hair (for
hair, more efficient than eating raw are: eating less and using less
shampoo, if at all).

What didn't improve at all (but at least didn't worsen):
intelligence, concentration, memory, eyesight, cold hands and crcked lips
in winter, flexibility, muscular strength, weight (I am still thin but
not emaciated, and anyway heavier than during my cooked years),
amount of perspiration (I still sweat a lot during physical efforts,
but at least the odor is much less unpleasant).

Digestion: can be very good if food is eaten at pleasant stage and
stops listened to. If not, the consequences are worse than with
cooked food (loose, watery stools, odors, flatulences, etc...)

Colds/flus: a few years are necessary for the results to have a
statistical value. I'll report that in 2000 or 2001 if I am still here...

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis