From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 06:42:42 -0700
Any drive larger than 520 mgs is an EIDE, (enhanced IDE),
hard drive.   Although you have not mentioned your controller,
I would tend to believe you are using an IDE controller card,
(non-onboard controller) and not an EIDE controller.  IDE does
not support drives larger than 520mgs, (yes...  I know it is
actually a couple of megs more, but I forget the exact size limit).

If this is the case, you have two options:

1) replace the controller card with an EIDE controller

2) Use a drive controller software such as Disk Manager or
    one of the others supplied by the hard drive manufacturers.
    Using these drive manager software packages will add a
    driver to the system that will take up part of your memory...
    that is why is better to upgrade the controller card.

Let us know if I am wrong about your controller.

     Bob