From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 20:03:47 -0500
"Caveman Deli" Roast Beef Salad

This is my way to get the flavor of deli-style roast beef sandwiches
without the bread.

 Take 1 medium-size dill pickle, and dice up into 1/4" bits.  NOTE:
supermarket pickles may have small amounts of sugar, vinegar, etc., so
they're not 100% caveman kosher.  You could substitute celery or some other
crunchy, dice-able vegetable, or maybe even fruit or nuts.

 Take 1 sandwich worth of roast beef (about 3 oz. depending on appetite),
and chop up or pull apart into small shreds.

 Mix the pickle and roast beef together with a generous glob of whatever
condiment or dressing you would use on the sandwich.  Use enough to get a
consistency similar to tuna salad.  I use supermarket
mayonnaise-horseradish sauce -- the horseradish adds a great spark to it!
(For purists, the NeanderThin book contains a recipe for mayonnaise.)

Take this mixture and plop it on a bed of salad greens, or mix it into them.

Enjoy!