CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:18:30 -0800

>>Pardon my naivety. What is automation? I've just subscribed and although
>>I like Chomsky I am not familiar with all his terms.
>>Thanks
>>
>>Silvia
>>
>>Ralph Gainey wrote:
>>>
>>> John Rider wrote ...

>Another aspect of that excellent book is that it describes a shareholder's
>democracy.  I thought I was the only person who ever read it.

It was pretty popular in the seventies.  Was that the story with the
system of favors or obligations, `obs', that people exchanged, like
helping someone build their house was ten obs which could be traded
for so much compost at the general store, etc.?

-John

"It is a rather startling proposal that bacteria, the organisms that are
 popularly associated with disease, may represent the causative factor
 in the origin of species".    - Ivan Wallin