CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sueko Sakai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:30:53 -1000
On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Carkner wrote:

> >   any reactions out
> > there?
> >
> > sakai
>
> i didn't see the interview you're talking about..but what i think he means
> is that the earlier movement
> was something new, but these days the past movement

the key idea that i'm looking at

> is already ingrained in people's minds and they strive
> to go beyond what was acheived by the earlier one.
>
> dan.

yes, i'm beginning to see what you mean as the result of reading paula m.
cooey's "that every child who wants might learn to dance," which addresses
white oppression (white on white oppression--white elitism).  and as far
as i know that's the deepest and broadest political perspective for our
time.  what in fact your comment did for me was it helped me to see how it
is that they, mainly the white upper middle class and their cohorts (the
upper middle class folks of color), got theirs and left the rest of us
(the lower working middle class, the poor, and urban families of all
colors) behind in the dust.  you of course known that they (the
controllers of monopoly capitalism) can take care of some of the mass
majority, but not all.  such is the nature of greed, harted, and delusion.

as i reflected on these thoughts chomsky's firm belief in commonsense
wandered into my thoughts,  and i got a big laugh when i looked into his
crystal ball of sort.  what i mean by this is that the analytical mind was
bound to uncover it all when it eventually awakened its psychospiritual
energy (such is the natre of developing the self beyond ego, beyond
religion). what else did he see? networking.

in this interview with moyer, chomsky talks about networking with
organizations that are goal oriented towards social change by saying no
individual can do it alone (or something along this thought).  yes, this
puzzled me for the longest time too.  however, again, with the aid of
cooey's article and a few more, i've finally gotten the guru's message.
ha!ha!ha!...it's all so linguistically logical--i can hear him say.  of
course, it is, if, and only if, you've a chomsky mind frame.

so now what? (as the newly enlightened monk said to the master).

sakai