CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beverly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 20:15:06 EST

Hi All-
I love this new Cel-Diab list-serve.
As for carb counting....as the mom of a celiac-diabetic child (5 years now)
carb counting is the only way to go for us.  When he was first diagnosed with
diabetes and we tried the exchange program, I thought we would all kill each
other just to get through a meal.  But  when we switched to carb counting life
became so much easier.  I do admit that when the celiac became involved that
it got harder to "count" when I bake from scratch.
I would be very interested to see how the rest of you do the balancing act.
And if you use any certain formula when you are the baker and have no labels
to count on.  Will post summaries if I receive enough responses.

Thanks
Beverly Ford
Odessa, Tx