CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deanna Polakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:34:45 -0600

Years ago when I was young, my grandmother had diabetes.  The diet of the
day was low carbohydrates.  She ate very little in the way of carbs, and
absolutely no sugar.  She was allowed 1 piece of fruit a day.  She
watched her diet religiously, and took her shot every morning.  At that
time they did not have home testing for blood glucose levels, she checked
her urine every morning prior to her shot.  I don't believe she had a
very good lifestyle, and neither did it prolong her life.
I believe that if we have a well balanced meal plan, and moderate
exercise, we will have a healthy life.  Diabetics are living longer and
having less complications.  Obviously the research is going in the right
direction.
We all need to go back to the DCCT trials and follow the guidelines.
Tight control.
Thank you for allowing me my 2 cents.
Deanna
Celiac~Diabetic Recipe Exchange Newsletter
ask me about the Celiac Diabetic List
Home Page:   http://home.att.net/~JazzyDee