CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Sandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 04:12:56 -0600

I'm relatively new, so forgive my ignorance. I was told that I couldn't
have beer, bourbon, & other grain alcohols. I can have wine, cognac, and
tequila. This seems clear, except that I don't know the grain contents of
other alcoholic beverages. My friends seem naive about such things (in that
they assume that the ingredient that they've heard about is the only
ingredient). My guess would have been that vodka was made from potatoes,
and I hear it is from grain (at least partially). Bottles do not list
ingredients. I'd appreciate any info on the following: gin, sherry, rum.
Any others?

I assure you I don't drink often or to any great extent. I just don't
always want to be "stuck" with wine. Also, I used to cook Chinese with
sherry...

Pat