BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:17:28 EST
In a message dated 3/7/98 10:23:30 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  You might change the subject entirely and remind the councilmen (and women)
>  that most Americans are significantly overweight and that construction of
> the
>  bypass will surely hasten the demise of many local residents, who, once the
>  bypass is constructed, will undoubtedly drive more and walk even less
>  (unless, of course, they are driving to the mall to PowerWalk). But, then
>  again, the council is probably collectively chubby and might become
>  indignant.

Actually, this wasn't "my" Council I was talking about, but someone else's.
(Thank goodness I don't have to live with this preservation issue).  It seemed
like an interesting question for the Preservationeers to take up (although I
probably would have rephrased the heading -- "suicide" is a bit strong . . .
).

As anticipated, the group came through with some great comments.  Yours,
however, is the first to raise the Chubby Defense -- a preservation first?
Great discussion . . . !

Mary