BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:25:21 -0500
Twybil writes:
John sez:
<< All this early practice at boilerplating still pays off occasionally
when thickness is a reporting requirement on a consulting contract. >>
I was at a kickoff meeting last week where we are acting as a subconsultant
for preparation of a report(classified). Our client the prime actually said,
"We've done work for these guys before, they don't want information, they
want a thick report."

Told ya so. Just in case you want to sub-sub the thickness, I'm available at
my standard rate of $600./day, and no one could match my long-term
experience (43 years) in the thickness of boilerplate department. I'm
talking about report thickness here, not skull thickness.

As usual I can also offer a low-cost proposal for that good old win-win
marketing strategy. Simply log onto my website (www.HistoricHomeWorks.com)
and download the entire text of the Preservation Briefs. That's about
413,000 words. Let's see, double spaced, courier font, on one side of 30lb
deckle paper,
now that's thickness. If you use any of this important information for
commercial purposes you must pay me $1. per pound of all copies in the first
and all subsequent printings of the report. Payment must be made in cash:
$1. bills, please wrinkle throughly and repack nice and neat with all faces
top.

John