BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:24:35 EST
In a message dated 12/2/98 11:06:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> What's the frequency Kenneth?

Reference to those leaving BP.

I'm having trouble with the ISP's and the I-way this week and was under the
impression that everyone had left BP, that is, until I checked this morning
and found out most everyone is still sort of as here as it gets.

Of  89 subscribers, 2 recently requested to leave. In the twinkling of an eye
they were relatively silently gone. The 89 signifies that despite a no-lurker
policy it is not enforced. I think there are 12 + list owners, four of them
are active, which means they receive the administrative news, the remainder
are silent owners which means they have powers, but get no news. I agree with
Christopher Gray's previous suggestion that we keep the subscription base
short and exclusive. Growth in subscription base is not the intention on BP,
unless the consensus proves otherwise, as much as the depth of the
relationships we build. If someone is of a mind to not want to be here then we
can all assist them to leave without comment or ceremony. The easiest method
is if they go to the BP website and sign themselves out.

We have an interesting mix of design professionals, conservators, architects,
engineers, administrators, masons, carpenters, contractors, students,
suppliers, educators, geographers, timber framers, and computer programmers
etc. Geographic range is from US to Canada to Germany to Australia. I don't
think any of us have any reason to agree over anything in particular other
than to have overcome our fear of making fun of ourselves. I've made a point
of inviting and conscripting interesting people that show quick minds and an
open spirit.

If anyone wants to be an owner, active or silent, let us know. BP is what YOU
make it to be. If you don't like it then feel free to contribute or leave.

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A0=bullamanka-pinheads

If anyone on BP decides to start a flame war they will be removed, no
questions asked. So far this has not occured, and I have only seen civil
conduct, though sometimes questionable in joviality.

Any subscriber can find out who the other subscribers are by sending  in body
of a message the following instruction:

REView Bullamanka-Pinheads

and send to this address:

In return you will receive a listing of all subscribers to BP.

If you do not want anyone to know that you subscribe to this list then please
feel free to leave now.

][<en