BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:20:51 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-01 23:15:27 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I couldn't read this without thinking back to my days in engineering school
 when we still used slide rules, and you could easily be off by factors of
 10 or 100 unless you quickly developed a gut feeling for whether the
 numbers you were crunching seemed to jive with what you inherently knew
 about reality. >>

Mike,

Your comment reminds me of "interpolation". I consider a high percentage of
the estimating process to be the felt action of the interpolation of time and
money.

When you are on the mark it feels good, when you are off the mark it hurts.

][<en