AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lena Reznik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:54:37 -0400
*Hi David,

My company ABISee, Inc has a portable device Zoom-Ex that allows to scan
a letter-size page in a second, magnify it on computer screen, reformat
text for easy reading and save it for future use. We also have two
software programs ZoomBook and ZoomOffice.
ZoomBook allows to save multiple pages under one name and read them
later as formatted text.
ZoomOffice will read the text as any other text -to-speech software, but
starts much faster - if you are reading a small print paperback book you
hear the voice in 3 seconds. It will also read the previously saved books.

What distinguishes our products is that Zoom-Ex is really portable - it
weights 1lb and may be plugged into any PC or laptop.
You do not need to disbound  books - any book up to 2'' thick may be
scanned. Program also have special features to make scanning more
efficient-you can scan two pages at once if the book is small or scan
all odd pages first and then even pages. It also has auto scanning mode
- you have to put the book under the camera and the system will inform
you with a sound when the page is scanned so you can turn the page.

We do not provide scanning services but  your students may scan whatever
they need themselves.
Woodlake Technologies is our distributor in Chicago.
Please, give me a call if you have any questions.

Regards
*
Lena Reznik
ABISee, Inc