RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:25:34 -0400
From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
 Tom wrote:
>CREEPY CRAWLY CUISINE: The Gourmet Guide to Edible Insects
>by Julieta Ramos-Elorduy
>Park Street Press, $16.00 list price in US;
>ISBN 089281747X

This is really cool!  Inexpensive and maybe a good way to deal with those
garden pests!  Can't wait to get it, but whether I'll be brave enough to try
them????

In 1991 or so I read an article in an Italian news magazine about a
sanitorium in France where cancer patients ate raw insect larvae and had a
tremendous recovery rate.  Unfortunately, I didn't save the article.  The
pictures and the information have stayed in my memory, and I've been
wondering if I could find it again now that I have a cancer patient to treat
(my boxer, Maya, with lymphoma.)  But I'm too busy to do a library search.
If anyone has information about this place, let me know.  Maybe someone has
saved Jean-Louis Tu's Paris address and I could e-mail him.

> By the way, I recently learned
>that termites are rich in vitamin B-12. I'll stick to supplements
>for my B-12; but maybe that's why chimps eat so many termites?

After you learn that B-12 supplements are made from raw sewage (according to
Dr. Richard Schulze, of the School of Natural Healing), you may be less
interested in consuming them!  I'm throwing mine out, yuck!

Janis