RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:26:55 -0800
From:
fred patenaude <[log in to unmask]>:
>The only chimps that were observed were by cooked-food addicts and
>scientists (that alone is enough to dicredit the whole thing)who fed
>them spaghetti and other cooked abobinations. There is no way that you
>can know what a wild animal really eats. And who cares about the chimps

Tom:
There are field observations galore of chimps and other wild primates.
Your claim that that such studies are unreliable because the chimps
were fed "bad" foods by the scientists needs proof - proof that you really
don't have (as you must furnish such proof for ALL of the chimp observation
papers - a big task).

Face reality - chimps eat some animal foods, as do other wild primates.
They do this because it is their natural diet. All you are illustrating
here is the extreme depth of your denial of reality.

fred patenaude <[log in to unmask]>:
>life, and that the only datas relating to their diet was  collected by
>some unhappy cooked food scientist. I judge by my own observation. I

Tom:
And your attitude above is simply further denial. If diet can have a
negative impact on mental functioning, as it may, the evidence suggests
that fruitarianism is the worst in this regard:
cloudy mind from zinc deficiency, emotional instability (mood swings)
from excess sugar intake, and brain/nervous system damage from B-12
deficiency. Over and above this, one observes eating disorder behavior
among fruitarians (binges, food obsessions, etc.), and hostile zealotry
(a form of dementia??).

The point of the above is that if one is to question the reliability of
"cooked food" scientists, there is even more reason to question the
reliability of fruitarian fanatics.

Tom Billings