RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:20:59 -0800
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Jo Yoshida wrote:

> Hi Ellie,
> >I am excited to hear of people working with food addicts and emotions. My
> >purpose in publising the theory is to support people like you and those
> >of us who are recovering from addictions. I am a recovering food addict
> >myself, and my personal work in releasing pent up emotions, especially
> >anger, has relieved me of my addiction to food. I hope to put a
> >laypersons version of the theory on the Net, after it's published in a
> >scientific journal. If you are interested and send me your address off
> >the list, I would send you an advanced copy.

> I have experienced a ten year battle with starch bingeing and now I am
> finally cruising on all raw for almost a year. I would very much appreciate
> learning about your addiction theory by receiving an advance copy of your
> thesis as well.

> Love and Abundant Health,
> -jo-

I'll be glad to send a copy to anyone if you send me an email with your
address, off the list. The article is about the theory and not yet a
practical guide, but I think it can help anyone in recovery and I hope to
write more later about how to use the theory in recovery. It is the
biological basis for the work of Alice Miller, people like John Bradshaw,
 Primal therapists and the principles of Adult Children of Alcoholics.
There are lots of books by these people that have helped me to recover.
There is also a list where people are sharing on the Net. The
moderator is Hans email addresss [log in to unmask] The idea is simply
that the suppression of emotions during childhood trauma, especially
anger, leads to the development of symptoms of emotional disease,
inclding anxiety, psychiatric disorders, addictions, and violent
behavior.

My best, Ellie