RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:58:39 -0400
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Tom and others,

I haven't found the october issue of "Yoga Journal" (the local bookstore
only sells the September issue), but here are a few comments:

I have "suffered" (for a few months) of a mild form of "anorexia nervosa".
The few times I had to eat cooked food, I was unhappy and couldn't
enjoy the meal. And I even invented health troubles, persuaded myself
that cooked food is not as pleasant as raw food, etc...

Now, I am in the process of recovery :-) In fact, last week, as I had
a party with indian food, I was curious to taste it, so I ate 20% cooked
and 80% salad. And as for the cooked part, I only took a small portion of
whatever *smelled* good (yes, that's it: some instincto habits are
useful, even when eating cooked food!).

I should say that my eating behavior was hardly unnoticed, and after
several meals with friends, refusing pizzas and potato chips, smelling
fruits, refusing unripe bananas and peaches, eating a whole iceberg
lettuce and drinking raw eggs, they finally asked me whether I eat raw
(to which I responded that I eat "mostly raw", which is in a sense
true since I eat about 99.5% raw). [others sometimes ask me if I am a
vegetarian, and I answer that I am not, but I don't need animal food
at each meal, which is true too]

The problem I still haven't resolved is the excessive amount of time
spent eating, thinking about eating, etc... But in a sense, I think
that all successful raw-fooders have to go through that stage at
first, because if we dind't spend enough time thinking about food,
we would be likely to be victims of numerous problems (physical and
mental), of dogmas, myths, etc...

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis