Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Chuck Hassenplug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 21:42:47 -0800
I have two questions that I hope one of you gurus out there can answer:

#1:  How do I set up my WIN95B swap disk for a different drive? I have my
Maxtor 4.3GB partitioned into a primary active 4gb partition (C:) and a the
remaining space in D: for the swap file. How do I make drive D: the swap
file?

#2:  I plan on installing my old WD 1.2gb HDD tempoarilty and transferring
some data files over to the current one mentioned above. Currently, I have
the Maxtor as master primary, and a 24x CD-ROM as master secondary E: (I am
also having problems with this, but that is a queastion for another time).
Should I unplug the CD and put the Old HDD on the secondary, or make it a
slave on the primary? And just to clarify the other HDD transfer posts
going around, the procedure is to do it in Win95 in the run command:  xcopy
x:\ c:\ /r /i /c /h /k /e /y where x is the old HDD and C: is the new one.
By the way, how do I assign a drive number to the old HDD for transfer
purposes?

WHEW! That was a mouthful. Thank you anyone for all your suggestions.
        Chuck Hassenplug

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]