From:
Ed John Housey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:43:25 -0700

Hello all,

I sent an email message to the General Mills web site, asking for their
list of gluten free foods.  Here was their reply:

----- Forwarded message from Corporate Consumer Response -----

Dear Mr. Housey:  Thank you for contacting us at the General Mills
Corporate Web site.  I'm sorry to disappoint you but, due to the nature
of our company, we do not make any products that are gluten-free except
Yoplait and Colombo yogurts.

To assist you in planning your dietary needs, however, I'm enclosing our
reference information for gluten-controlled diets:

        Celiac Sprue Enteropathy Disease
        Box 31700
        Omaha, NE  68131
        (402) 558-0600

        Dietary Specialties
        Box 227
        Rochester, NY 14601-0227
        800-544-0099 / 716-263-2787

        Ener-G Foods, Inc.
        5960 1st Avenue South
        Box 84487
        Seattle, WA 98124-5787
        800-331-5222

I hope this information is helpful.

Cordially,

Bev Abrahamson
General Mills Consumer Services

----- Forwarded message from Corporate Consumer Response -----

I thought that "French Toast Crunch" cereal was General Mills and that
it was gluten free.  Also I thought I read that Cocoa Puffs were gluten
free.  Any comments?

General Mills just lost my business!

ejh