RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:02:04 GMT
Hi Dariuz,
Not wishing to be held responsible from saving you from a fate worse than
death,...

I take the attitude that what you put in your body is your own
responsibility, regardless of the best of advice from whoever.

Eating RAF would seem to bring with it certain definite possible problems,
eg parasites, infection from handlers, mercury in the case of fish,
pesticides, you name it.

Espescially with fish, there are apparently some viscious parasites, even if
they are rare.

Another problem with fish is that they are commonly caught and frozen
without being gutted, and this can cause parasites in the gut to migrate
into the tissue.
This also happens with commercially raised fish (on a fish farm). - besides,
the diet of the fish is far from nutritious).

Also, do not eat the head and espescially the brain of fish, where toxins
are apparently concentrated.  Also, be aware of how high up the food-chain
the fish is, the higher up the more the toxins.

I don't know anything about the drying.  I surmise that its for the same
purpose as for meat, ie to let the flesh autolyse, which makes it easier to
digest.  I've not tried it, and hope someone tells us more...

Based on the above, I would strongly advise you (1) to avoid eating fish (2)
if not, then be VERY careful.

Having said all that, I do sometimes eat raw ocean-caught salmon.
Definitely smell and taste well before swallowing !!

Regards, Lynton.