Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 15:53:30 -0800
Michele Shoemaker wrote:
> The question now is "What am I going to do with all those beans and
> grains in my pantry?"

   Compost 'em (you might want to sprout them first).  My son & I did
that to about $200 worth of groceries -- pastas, powdered milk, yogurt,
etc., etc., etc. -- a year ago December when we went on the PaleoThin
regimen a year ago December.

> A question I have is" does anyone out there have seasonal allergies and have
> they noticed a difference?
>
> Mine are rather bad, though a few years ago I discovered that if I abstained
> from dairy products the symptoms were much less. Since that time I've
> experimented woth other foods and found that if I eat only the kinds of food
> that our paleolothic ancestors would have consumed--breads,
> alcohol,caffeine, fruit juice, refined sugar as well as keeping the amount
> of whole grains to a minimum-- I can pretty much get through summer without
> having to take any antihistamines--even ragweed season.

   You're on the right track.  Even when I backslid on some cheesecake
this past Christmas, the bronchial thing I got was far less severe than
most of the other symptoms that other people were suffering from at the
same time.  Cutting all that down and/or out also helps prevent yeast &
fungal colonies from proliferating in the body (yes, even in the blood
stream).

Mary Anne Unger
The racing penguin from Corsicana, Texas