NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:39:03 +0000
David,

I'm not real sure what a "milk gravy" is but if it's like the stuff they put
over biscuts with little tidbits of sauage in it I have a recipe for you to
try.

I used to make cream chip beef often for my children for breckfast. It has a
white sauage that is what I recommend you try.  I take a sauce pan and melt
about 2 table spoons of dairy-free margarine in it on med heat. Then I make
a 1/2 cup  and 1/2 cup  mix of water and self raising flour in a measuring
cup. I whip it with a fork or a French whip until the lumps are gone. Then I
throw it in the sauce pan with the margarine. Stir it over meduium heat
until it thickens. I add fresh pepper. Once it'd thickened lower the heat.
You can play with addeing a little water/margarine or flour if the texture
isn't right. Then to make the biscut style I would add dairy-free sauage
tibits. Then butter your warm Southern biscuts and pour the sauage or milk
gravy over the top.
Make we wanta whip up some hot biscuts in the a.m.

Take care,
Helen Fernety