RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:22:41 GMT
Axel,
you try to imply that _all_ animal husbandry have bad results.
As usual, trying to claim "all" anything is generally unhelpful - not only
to an argument, but also to allowing for possible alternate solutions.

It is a fact that there are methods of animal husbandry that are _very_
beneficial.  Generally, certified organic requirements fall into this category.

Actually, there are many vegetable-growing practices that are worse than
many animal-growing ones.   As an example, farmers that continually crop the
land year after year.

Before they were killed off earlier this century (or was it last c.?) there
were millions of bison on the plains in USA, soil was very fertile.  Look at
it now.

You would be better arguing that many farming practices are turning the land
to desert - it is man's stupidity that is ruining the planet: don't blame
the cattle for being forced to live in a certain way.

Lynton