RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:08:41 -1000

> As to meat (whether raw or cooked) there are several reasons why I
> reject it:
>
> - I don't seem to need it and indeed see no reason why I should
> waste precious energy on breaking down the protein chains into
> simple aminos when I can get them "pure" from fruits and veggies.
>
> - I see no reason for consuming saturated fats.
>
> - I see no reason for consuming anything from growth hormones to
> antibiotics to pesticides etc.
>
> - I see no reason for consuming a pound of flesh which has needed
> many many pounds of veggies and many wasted acres of land to reach
> that weight.
>
> - I see no proof that pre-fire man ate raw meat.
>
> - I see no proof even in the bible (I myself am an atheist BTW) that
> man was supposed to eat meat. Have a read of
>
> http://www.ivu.org/articles/religion.html
> http://ivu.org/articles/net/christ_veg.html
>
> for example.
>
> - I tend to agree with the Buddhists, for example, that all animal
> life is sacred.
>
> - I do not instinctively drool when I see..and instinctively try
> to take a bite out of...any animal or bird or insect.

hey alan, you made some good points here, thanks for sharing, is it just me or
is this list starting to mellow out a bit? anyway, life and diet for me is a
continual refinement, the idea of going back to a stone age diet has merits,
just don't see it as the bottom line or final destination in our search for
optimum wellness.>