RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 05:44:59 -1000

> So are you saying that if you fail on fruit***ism then its psycological, and
> if you do well on some other foods then ?

what i am saying is that high consumption(overeating) of fruit may be more
harmful than high consumption of other food diets due to high juice and sugar
content and low fiber. the fiber, mucus and oils factors are fillers that
traditional foods and diets all seem to have in more abundance than fruit.
since from childhood most of our diets contain lots of fiber i think this
stick to the ribs approach to eating is a conditioning that we all respond to
subconsciously and psychologicaly and when we overeat we stop sooner on
heavier foods because we get the conditioned response. on fruit if we eat a
healthy smaller amount we do not experience this stick to the ribs stupor that
has been programed into us from childhood. we may on a lite fruit diet
eliminate the filler stupor factor and suddenly have extra energy and clear
thinking to resolve other holistic health factors besides food that are
affecting our overall health. this may for some bring up the issues of stress,
friendship, family, etc. if we are not ready or unwilling to refine these
conditions we start craving heavy foods to go back to the stupor until we are
ready to try again. it is common for people fasting to reach high levels of
consciousness and then break the fast and pig out.

> Forest:
> > my own experiments with fruitarianism have proved to me it's possible under
> >ideal social and mental conditions but none of us in my mind are there yet, me
> >included.
>
> So are you saying that you succeeded, but that you did'nt succeed?
> (Don't worry about failing on fruit***ism, you're in the company of everyone
> else who tried it.)

i'm saying that i have had brief moments of success(to one degree or another)
that indicated to me that i had other factors to deal with before i could take
on the ideal of fruitarianism and make it a working/playing model. in my mind
those factors involve mainly healthy natural family bonding and consensus farm
coopertive environments.

> I wonder: would you share with us this magical "stuffing/filler" food?  This
> could be a real breakthru !  ( Would I be surprised that its got some good
> nutrients in it ;)

the filler is one to two cups per day of organic wheat bran. i use it mixed
with fruit which i make into a bread type texture

> Remember that success on a food regime is over many years, not when you
> first try it.

how many years did you try fruitarianism and did you factor in the family
bonding and childhood trauma factors?