RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:59:53 -0600
Micaela,

> Thanks for the Glycemic index examples.  I can't think of a more graphic
> explanation.  Do you have the numbers on the raw Potato or Soaked millet.

I see that the numbers I cited are different than those Jean-Louis
cited. Seems there must be a different system of measurement between the
two. I see bananas have a higher GI on his list than sucrose, whereas
the info I have lists bananas as having a lower GI than sucrose...

I don't have the GI for raw potatoes or millet, but I'm sure it's a
dramatic contrast... That study I cited earlier regarding effect of
cooked vs. raw starch on blood sugar demonstrates the contrast...And I
feel the difference myself.

Jean-Louis,

> P.S. Whenever I cook potatoes (once in a blue moon), they are
> undercooked by SAD standards (cut in slices and boil or microwave for
> 4 minutes -still crispy).

Aren't you concerned about the apparent hazards of microwaved food?

Have you read about this? I had read a study on this...blood warmed to
98.6 in the microwave was fatal when administered...also saw info on a
study showing that microwaved veggies adversely affected the immune
system vs. regular cooked ones when ingested...seems there's a radiation
factor involved, or some alteration of molecules due to the microwaving
process...also hypothetically adversely affects the energy field of the
food..deranges it, etc..

Wes