RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:34:32 -0400
Boy, you're quite a stickler, Jean-Louis :)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:59:32 +0100, Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Not true. you find solanine MOSTLY in green potatoes, in the "eyes"
>(when they sprout) and just under the skin. So, if you want to eat
>potatoes, better store them away from light, in a dry place, and make
>thick peels.

I don't eat green potatoes nor sprouted ones. I had one blended tonight,
raw of course. It wasn't green or sprouted. I keep them stored in a
cupboard, away from light, dampness, etc..

>Sweet potatoes have 24g carbohydrate per 100g, mostly starch. For
>carrots, beets and corn, that's respectively 10g, 10g and 20g per 100g
>of edible portion, a fair amount of which consisting of
>sugar. (Perhaps even most of the carbs in beets are in the form of
>sucrose). You didn't tell me the weight of each of the tubers you ate,
>but I believe at least 50% of the starch was from the sweet potato.

I wasn't sure on the exact stats - i.e. grams starch, etc., but I do know
that tubers, roots, grains are all predominantly starch/complex carb foods.
The sucrose is no problem. If it were cooked or isolated and concentrated
it probably would be. I've experienced tremendous strength & sustained
stamina using tubers raw. So obviously the sucrose in a beet isn't of any
concern. (Try having lots of strength & endurance eating refined white
sugar!) Yams are softer than sweet potatoes and so many people may find
them more palatable.

>You are not answering my question. I asked if just one cooked SWEET
>potato was enough to produce eruptions. Later, you say:
>
>>Boiled potato/sweet potato/yam did the same.
>
>How much? Just one again?

Yes...And eruptions like Mt. St. Helens. Pimples galore via cooked food,
namely starches. Also sinus congestion...All detox routes! There's a lesson
to be learned there.

>Other question: since carrots contain a little starch, it would be
>very interesting to do the following experiment: eat 3 cooked
>carrots. If you still have eruptions, then there is a good chance that
>cooked starch is toxic (for you), since 3 different starchy foods give
>you the same effect. On the other hand, if you don't, it will mean
>that it was not due to the starch but to something present in potatoes
>and not in carrots.

No, I don't want any cooked food my man! ;)

>>Well it's not just the nutrients. It's the actual living vs. dead issue -
>>bioelectricity, etc..
>>Check out this link: http://www.newveg.av.org/raw/sun=food=energy.htm
>
>I searched for actual information on that page and I didn't find any.

The information wasn't the point - it was a graphic demonstration (kirlian
photography) of raw/living food vs. cooked/dead food.

>I agree that tomatoes are nutritious enough when raw, so they
>shouldn't be cooked. But I wouldn't agree in the case of other
>foods. For instance, most people can eat 100 grams (dry weight) of
>cooked rice in a meal. Now, almost no one can eat 100 grams of raw,
>soaked rice.

If you can't eat it raw, why eat it at all?

>>And the light is extinguished when it is cooked. It's completely
>>changed.
>
>Which light? Of your kitchen?

Haha...good one! Raw food contains light. It's bioelectricity. Raw food
is literally alive - living food! Cooked food is dark and literally dead.
Raw food gives us energy, cooked takes energy to make some. Cooked robs
some of our own SOEF's to assimilate. Processed foods rob the most.

>Well, then you should understand that some people are simply not able
>to eat a lot of raw starch, including me. Woever, I don't feel the

You mean you can't eat a raw cob of corn, a beet, some carrots, half a yam,
etc.? Why not?! What's so hard about cutting or grating a yam and throwing
it on a salad? And if you chew real well (like you're supposed to), all the
food enzymes will be released and self-digest all that powerful starch!

Wes