RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ratha Grimes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:12:45 -0500
Wes:
> I am not biased against vegetarian sources of raw
> animal protein, and I use them myself.

Wes, I'm curious, why do you consider dairy more "pure" than meat?

Also, if you believe that raw animal protein is important, then I assume you
agree that humans have been eating meat for some amount of their evolutionary
past - as dairy was not farmed until neolithic times.

Assuming that you do, and that humans are therefore well adapted to eating
meat, do you believe that meat has always been "impure", or that it has only
become so in recent times with all the hormone and antibiotic injection and
toxic chemical pollution and all that stuff?

Ben:
> One last question:  is it kosher for mainstream
> vegetarians to consume animal products such as raw
> dairy and eggs?  Or is it solely the fruitarians who
> exclude dairy and eggs?  Just wondering.

I believe it is the vegans who avoid all animal-derived foods, usually
including honey. The alternative would be "ovo-lacto vegetarian"

Ratha

--
                                  ICQ number 18395425
                      http://www.angstrom.net/~ratha/