RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:31:56 -0800
Ben,

thoughts to share:

Ben wrote
> Who has had positive/health-promoting experiences with therapies that
> complement nutrition?  I was thinking along the lines of anything aimed at
> mitigating/treating chronic ills.  While I have been very pleased to see how
> nutrition is helping my body heal, I am also interested in _carefully_
> exploring complementary therapies.

me, me - - I first was introduced to complementary and alternative care
as a patient, and if you find well-trained practitioners, chiropractic,
homeopathy, acupuncture, individualized hand-mixed Chinese herb
combinations and various types of massage therapy or touch therapies
work for certain problems.  Touch for Health, shiatsu, reflexology,
acupressure and tui-na are massage type therapies.  Email me (in private
if you prefer) about specific issues and I'll tell you what treatment I
think would work best.   Qi-gong exercises are excellent to complement
raw-fooders health and can restore tremedous energy too.  There is no
one solution to problems, health but the raw foods plus qi-gong are a
great combination.

I have had the good fortune to receive treatment from some of the finest
people -they can seem to work "miracles".  Also, I have had a few very
bad treatments from people who aren't well trained and they are
downright DANGEROUS as they can inflict serious harm.  It is partly the
method of treatment, but largely the intent of the doctor or
giver-of-treatment.  Intent is everything because your body and being
can absorb bad intent as well as good intentions.

regards, roberta