RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:18:33 -0500
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Mark Rothstein wrote:

> I have found less and less of
> a need to shower every day. I body brush every morning, wash under my arms
> and my genitals, but everything else seems to be fine.

Doesn't showering and bathing have health benefits beyond washing away
odors?  Recently I read some literature by John Lust on water cures, and
Jethro Kloss also has a section on the health benefits of water (as long
as it's clean, soft water). It's my undertanding that the main benefit is
that it encourages good circulation which helps clear out toxins, similar
to the benefit of exercise. Of course, maybe body brushin does the same
thing? I am not so familiar with it. I got interested in if there were
still any sanatoriums around today like Lust had in the 1940s. It seems
that they were forced to shut down by the medical establishment and the
government. What a shame. If anybody knows anything more about the history
of this, I'd be really interested.

Lucia