RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:24:32 -0600
Lynton:
>My apologies for taking so long before replying, Shiela - I had to find the
>reference !
>Anyhow, here it is:
>"Detoxification & Healing: The Key to Optiomal Health" 1997 Sidney MacDonald
>Baker, MD. Keats Publishing Inc., New Canaan Connecticut.   ISBN 0-87983-709-8
>quoting from the book:
>"...dietary fats enter the fat stores and cell membranes without being

And does Mr. Baker have any references for same? To say that the liver is
not involved in fatty acid metabolism is quite a statement. _Everything_ is
written in a book somewhere, but when a simplistic claim is going to be
made about digestion there is no reason not to demand peer-reviewed
research to support it.

Cheers,
Kirt