RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:09:48 +0000
The chance wants it, that I haven't got the post of Jean-Louis
"Re: Aging" until I had sent my post.
So here is additional stuff about cell dividing and aging and it is
designed especially for mathematicians... ;-)

I assume, that there is a correlation between the degree of oxidative
stress and the frequency at which cells divide. Let us assume for sim-
plicity that it is a linear equation. Then we can make the following
example table:

Be stress at 10, the frequency might be 2 years and our limited number
of cell dividings assumed to be 50, we would live 100 years.

Now, take stress 20, the frequency is 1 year and lifespan 50 years.
Going down in stress yields:

Stress 5, frequency 4 years, lifespan 200 years
Stress 1, frequency 20 years, lifespan 1000 years (!)

So we see that a linear correlation between oxidative stress and the
frequency, at which our cells divide, results in a exponential change
of the resulting lifespan!

This example and its underlying assumptions maybe overly simplistic
but if there is some truth in it, it would make very much sense, to
improve nutrition not only to a degree of 95% but to 99.9 % or better,
whenever possible! (And to reduce other causes forcing our cells to
divide aswell).

By the way:
Recent scientific findings suggest, that the   a v e r a g e   life-
span of humans in paleolithic times was more than 100 years and this
without hygiene, medicine, dental care,...
I don't know if these results are already commonly accepted but if
they are true...
(I forgot where I read that, I think it was my serious german news-
paper "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung").

Instinctively divided wishes,

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]