RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:44:59 -0700

Hi Kirt,

> If you are so
> concerned with the hypocrisy you perceive in non-vegans, you might "give
> them permission" to eat lunch without defending themselves at all. That'd

Judging by some of your past posts, I'm not so sure you believe this.  You
have not been shy about telling raw vegans that they were headed for
trouble.  I think this would be a more boring list if we decided to only
exchange information and recipes and not challenge each others' sacred cows
from time to time.  I know it is touchy when we get into areas like the
morality of killing animals, but given the fact that this list is populated
by meat eaters and non-meat eaters, I think those kinds of confrontations
are inevitable.  Besides, by challenging someone's beliefs, we both learn
something.  Maybe the other guy will even convert us to his point of view.
It is important, though, to keep the discussion friendly and not resort to
sarcasm and personal attacks, which which will immediately shift us from
the learning mode to the defend and attack mode.

Mark