RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 08:26:11 -0400
Denis:

>   { Hi, Jean Louis, it's been a long time ....

{Ca faisait longtemps, en effet... Nice to "hear" from you, I was wondering
what you had become. Apparently, you haven't lost your lyric style with
a grain of subtle humour...}

> allopathic medecine, and probably too naive on some aspects  : the terrific
> successes in  the art of surgery,  from the  XIX th c.  onwards, should not
> be related to  the modest improvements made in the practice of the
> therapeutical art. I would advise you to read books on the history of
> hippocratic medicine.   Hygienism, Vegetarianism, Raw-foodism and the likes
> share a basic common philosophy  of health and disease which was still
> alive and well  in the middle of the XIX th c., and which could be traced
> back to the so-called  hippocratric tradition of western medicine.

Your historic approach is interesting but doesn't give more credit to
hippocratic medicine. There were controversies at the Greek period
about whether matter is composed of atoms or is continuous, but we
have to admit now that the latter hypothesis is closest to reality
[Actually, these two approaches were reconciled by L. de Broglie in
the 1920's with his early theory of quantum mechanics, developed later
by Heisenberg & al. but nevertheless, the first approximation is that
matter is composed of elementary particles, and talking about the
"continuous" aspect requires a much deeper understanding]

> The man who lived on chocolate died after eight months
> The man who lived on coffee lasted two years
> The man who lived on tea succumbed only after three years

Amusing (but I don't believe it...)

Best,

Jean-Louis