RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:55:49 -0400
Actually, I am just realizing now that I've been eating raw *meat*
throughout my life (various dishes in traditional Polish cuisine
include it).  The sad part is that it was mostly commercial beef meat.

Yesterday was a day when I had an unprecedented craving for RAF.  When I
entered that fish market, I could have easily just grabbed a piece and
ate it right there; I must have looked like a vampire looking for his
first victim.  Which brings to a little question for any instinctos out
there (actually, I'll make that a *few* questions):

Isn't this strong feeling of hunger (since instinctos do eat only when
they're hungry, possibly *very* hungry) the reason why an instincto will
eat just about anything?  In other words, aren't they going overboard, in
terms of how hungry they are or how long they go inbetween meals, and end
up eating just about anything to satisfy that hunger afterwards?  I mean,
anyone is pretty much an instincto when they haven't eaten long enough. :)

Also, since instinctive eating has everything to do with choosing the
foods that are best for the person, what if the selection is very limited
and there is no way of expanding it?  In fact, what if the person has
only a few foods to choose from and the instinct craves something else?
SAy, you only have bananas and apples around you, and you crave RAF?
Aren't you going against the instinct when you choose the fruit?  Or do
you not eat anything then (that'd be against your "survival" instinct I
suppose).

I also wonder, how do instinctos go about drinking water?  Tap water
tastes just as good when one's thirsty.

Lastly, on raw fish, do you wash the pieces of raw fish (if consuming raw)
before eating?  I read somewhere that one shouldn't let the water get in
contact with the flesh (changes taste).  But the darn thing has been
sitting on ice in the store, and I'm sure the salesman washes it before
he sells it and packs it anyway.  How do you deal with this issue?