From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:03:46 -0800
Hi Moira,

>Today I let my autistic  son (5, almost 6)  have some rice bread and some
>cashew butter.
I am trying to use brown rice exclusively for my gf not quite paleo yet
kids. It is not as dangerous as polished white rice which caused beriberi
in China (as it leaches essential nutrients from the body).

From Scott's Celiac Pages at http://www.celiac.com - Cookbooks and other Gf
Books section:
Lisa Lewis and Karyn Seroussi put together a newsletter to provide support
for families using  Cf/Gf diet for children with autism and developmental
delays.

For a free newsletter:
ANDI
PO Box 17711
Rochester, NY
14617-0711

I found an Oriental Rice Ball recipe in the Sugar Blues Book.
Roll brown rice around an umeboshi plum and wrap in fried seaweed.
This travels well.

Paleolove,
Susan