From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:13:56 -0600
>Except that acorns require processing to make them edible. They have too
>much tanic acid otherwise. So it's not really paleo.

Are you sure about the processing?  I read a book when I was a kid about a
boy who lived off the land in the mountains of upstate New York:  "My Side
of the Mountain," written by Jean Craighead George who is a naturalist, so
even though it was fiction I would expect its contents to be based on fact.
 As I recall, the boy made bread by just grinding and cooking the acorns.