Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 06:52:00 -0800
My dehydrator can fit about one pound to one and a half pounds of thinly
sliced beef in it. So I can in effect make only one pound or so  at a time.

I need to increase my capacity, esp if I am going to go on a trip and take
pemmican with me.

Someone mentioned doing 6 pounds at a time, how did you do that? Do you have
a larger dehydrator, or are your slices thicker? I prefer the thinnest
slices possible as they are easiest to slice up in the food processor.

Also, my son greatly prefers pemmican over a turkey burger or beef burger,
why I wonder? As I will admit to you I am not on a strictly paleo diet, so I
am wondering from a paleo perspective, why would he prefer pemmican to other
meats/fish? Actually, he prefers it to anything allowed on the diet.

I must tell you he had a great day yesterday, lots of speech. I believe the
pemmican is helping him and starving out the candida/bad bacteria.

Do you guys get weird looks when you ask for suet? I am in the store every
day now asking for suet and they kind of look at me like I'm crazy because
they know we eat it, not give it to the birds.

BTW, I put some out on the bird feeder for the birds, have not seen them
touch it. Do birds really like it?

Moira

Do you guys feel more energy on paleo? That would be my biggest health
complaint is low energy/fatigue/brain fog.