Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:21:09 -0800
How much pemmican do you think it is healthy to eat?

 My son really loves this stuff, thanks Ray and Grant and Bill and romper
and everyone else!

But how much is too much? I am making about a pound a day. It has gotten rid
of  his constant starvation, he used to ask for food every hour on the hour,
now his stomach seems more satisfied.

What other meats could I use? Like if I was going to do turkey or chicken,
how would I do it? Or other meats? What kind of suet would I use for turkey,
I assume there is no turkey suet.

To what extent did hunter gatherers rely on pemmican, how much of their diet
was it? And I wonder how they dried it in cold climates or rainy  climates??

Thanks,

Moira

Also, I am planning to take a train trip with my son, am planning to take
pemmican, what else would be good paleo foods to take? Would he suffer from
pemmican only for a day and a half? All the food on the train is highly
processed and poison to him. Again, thanks!!! I am pretty excited, before
pemmican there was no way I could do the trip, even told the relatives I
could not possibly make it, now I have hope.